What does it mean to major in Music?
- Discover your own creative abilities through performance
- Be a part of an ensemble (band or choral) and be part of community
- Symphonic Band
- Jazz Band
- Symphonic Choir
- Women’s Ensemble
- Men’s Ensemble
- Jazz Choir
- Collegium Musicum (Chamber Choir)
- Frequent local run-out concerts
- Choirs have performed in New York City , England, Scotland, Greece
- Tours of USA, especially southeast, including Disneyworld
- Two tracks: (1) Music and (2) Music Education
- Frequent opportunities for leadership and conducting ensembles
- Frequent opportunities for solo performances
- Preparation for graduate school
- Solid foundation in music theory
- Solid foundation in music history and research
Where are music majors going to graduate school?
Recent graduates from the King University Music Program have attended and graduated from Westminster Choir College, The University of Tennessee, NYU, and Columbia University in New York City.
What can I do with a Music degree?
Degrees offered include a Bachelor of Arts in Music and a Bachelor of Arts in Music Education with licensure in vocal or instrumental music.
With King's Music major, you can prepare for the following careers:
High school choir director
High school band director
Musician in the entertainment industry
Shea Clay: Vocal Music Education; Jazz Choir, Women's Choir, Men's Choir, piano
Pat Flannagan: Music History, Conducting, Voice, Symphonic Choir, Collegium
Susan Nicholson: Instrumental Music Education; Symphonic Band, Jazz Band, Conducting, Woodwinds
Benjamin Dawson: music theory
Rachel Milligan Helton: voice
Jane Morison: piano
Jay Oberfeitinger: percussion
Gary Robertz: woodwinds
Stephanie Yoder: College organist, organ, harpsichord, choir accompanist
To view all required courses for a BA in Music click here.
To view all required courses for a Minor in Music click here.
To view course descriptions click here.
The Music program requires a laptop with Microsoft Office 2010 or later, and wireless and webcam capability.
For information about accreditation click here.
For more information regarding King University's Choral Camp please click here.